Thursday, May 26, 2011

After all these years




I met a freind that I hadn't seen for quite a long time and we spent  a little time catching up on life, work, and things in the world.  In an email I got from him later he wrote how good it was to see me "...after all these years."  I read the short email twice and began to wonder, as many people of a certain age often wonder...'where has the time gone?' 

Sometimes I'll see a television program featuring performers from my teen years and think "those people look old" and suddenly realize that I am growing older too.  Its funny how many of us look in the mirror every morning but only see the face of our youth.


So as hectic as things are in life I try to never go to bed angry at someone I love. I pass this small message on to my children, to the students at the school where I work, and now here.

There is a suddeness in life that does not always allow for the closing of every circle. The point is to not leave too many circles open.

jt

No comments:

Post a Comment